Fellow Traveller Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
Three fleets of spaceships flee a doomed Earth carrying the last humans in cryostasis. Pursued by aliens, it’s up to the lowly security droids to save humanity. Taking up arms solo or with a friend, you must dance with death in a brutal and addictive arcade platformer shooter inspired by Super Crate Box and stuffed to the brim with unlockables.Fight through rapid fire single screen levels each with a random combination of platform layout, objective, vending machines and enemies. Dodge and weave amongst the aliens to stay alive but don’t leave them standing too long or the ship’s radiation will mutate them into bigger, nastier versions. Only by unlocking and mastering the wild variety of weapons, explosives, special abilities, defense moves and perks can you hope to survive across all three galaxies, rid your ship of the mutant menace and save the oblivious humans.
Cybernate - Developer: Chris Suffern is a one man indie game developer, based in Sydney, Australia. Handling everything outside of music and art, Chris started developing flash games and his first game was the very successful and highly rated Mutant Alien Assault, a take on the intense combination of platforming and shooting in Vlambeer’s Super Crate Box with objective-based levels replacing the crate-based high-score-chasing goal. After several years increasing his skills, Chris returned to the concept to create Super Mutant Alien Assault, a dramatically expanded and improved sequel for PC and consoles.
- Intense and brutal action - rapid fire levels give you no rest as hordes of enemies arrive, hell-bent on your destruction. Clear the objective quickly and be sure to kill each enemy before it has the chance to mutate into a bigger, nastier version of itself. Take a tiny breather and then it’s on to the next room.
- Dance with death - in the tight confines of the space freighter, standing still is not an option. Your ability to dodge around enemies is as important as your aim. Survival requires quick thinking and rapid reflexes and a true master of the dance is a beautiful thing to behold.
- Different every time - each single-screen level is randomised, drawing on a pool of platform layouts, objective types and enemies as well as which vending machines will be present. You’ll never know which weapons or grenades will spawn in the vending machines whilst crate drops containing special abilities, sidearms, perks and defense moves are also randomised, adding further to the mind-boggling possible combinations.
- Overflowing with unlockables - a wealth of weapons, sidearms, special abilities, perks, explosives, defense moves and character skins awaits you. Each new unlockable joins the melting pot of random ingredients, increasing your options but also the need to master each individual element and the way they combine with each other.
- Play solo or with a friend - take on the mutant hordes by yourself or team up in local co-op. Two player adds further complications to master as you must be careful to avoid friendly fire from explosives and will have to share/fight over item and health pack drops.
- Keyboard and controller support - fully customisable controls using gamepads, keyboard or a combination of the two.
NorthernLion Let's Play YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Fellow Traveller Games
Fellow Traveller is an indie games label exploring the possibility space of what games can be. Passionate about the vast and untapped potential of games as a medium, its mission is to seek out pioneering game developers working on unusual games with narrative at their core, help these developers bring their creations to the world and to connect them with players looking for something different.
Formerly known as Surprise Attack Games, the label was founded in 2011 and rebranded as Fellow Traveller in 2018. You may know them for the hacking game using real unix commands (Hacknet), the surveillance thriller series that puts you in the shoes of Big Brother (Orwell), the sad game about an elderly goat farmer (The Stillness of the Wind) or the dystopian steampunk mini-golf adventure game (Vertiginous Golf).
More information on Fellow Traveller Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Super Mutant Alien Assault Credits
Founder & Development, Cybernate
Managing Director, Surprise Attack Games
Business Development Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Community Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Finance Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Director, Surprise Attack Games
Chairman, Surprise Attack Games