Fellow Traveller Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
As President Rayne, lead Sordland into ruin or repair in the first year of your term. Navigate a political drama story driven by conversations with your cabinet members and other significant figures in a country with its own complicated history. Beware or embrace corruption; shirk or uphold ideals. How will you lead?
Sordland has been under the leadership of Colonel Soll for over two decades after he ended the bloody civil war. Now in 1954, Soll is gone but his political party is still in control of Sordland — until a charismatic young man, Anton Rayne, surprises everyone by rising to the top of the party and getting elected as the new President of Sordland. The people are hungry for democratic reforms after decades under a traditionalist power. The economy is in shambles and the political landscape is shifting. Neighboring superpowers are watching us closely, and there are military threats on the horizon. Can you pull the country out of its recession? Will you meet the demands of your people for reform? The future of Sordland depends on your choices.
DEVELOPER: TORPOR GAMES
Torpor Games, founded in 2017, is a tight-knit group of friends drawn together by their desire to create games that spark conversations about the world we live in. Combining a wide variety of disciplines and experience, the team of five are working on their first project, Suzerain. A political drama set in the 1950s, the game allows players to explore what they would do if they had to lead a country in political turmoil? Suzerain demonstrates Torpor’s goal of questioning our reality through the medium of video games.
- Immerse yourself into a deeply intricate text-based political drama. Navigate weighty conversations in this 200K-word story with branching paths.
- Lead the fictional country of Sordland in 1954. Can you keep Sordland out of war with the encroaching nation of Rumburg? Can you launch and complete a new mega infrastructure project? Can you fix the welfare system? The responsibility falls on your shoulders.
- The story is new, but the issues are familiar. Tackle difficult choices on immigration, healthcare, law enforcement, and more in this alternate world set in the 1950s. Even outside the office, your beliefs will be challenged among your friends, and your family. Will you support the Equal Rights movement? Encourage government control of the media? Maintain traditional values or embrace reform?
- Do you trust your Cabinet? Work closely with your Cabinet members to forge strong policies and practices for your government. But remember: everyone has their own ideals, and agenda. Pick your allies carefully, and your enemies even more carefully.
- You cannot do everything. Every choice has consequences. Your Cabinet will advise you on all matters, but you cannot please everyone -- sometimes you can’t even please yourself. You will have to make sacrifices, be they moral, political or personal.
- Which is more important, your country or your family? It’s challenging to be a good father and a good president at the same time. Can you do both? If not, which one will you choose?
- There are multiple endings. What will be your legacy? You must find your own way through the complicated political landscape of your presidency. Where the country ends up at the end of one year is determined by your decisions.
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Fellow Traveller Games
Fellow Traveller is an indie games label exploring the possibility space of what games can be. Passionate about the vast and untapped potential of games as a medium, its mission is to seek out pioneering game developers working on unusual games with narrative at their core, help these developers bring their creations to the world and to connect them with players looking for something different.
Formerly known as Surprise Attack Games, the label was founded in 2011 and rebranded as Fellow Traveller in 2018. You may know them for the hacking game using real unix commands (Hacknet), the surveillance thriller series that puts you in the shoes of Big Brother (Orwell), the sad game about an elderly goat farmer (The Stillness of the Wind) or the dystopian steampunk mini-golf adventure game (Vertiginous Golf).
More information on Fellow Traveller Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.