We are looking for a PR and Events Fixer based in the US, Canada or the UK.
Our team is primarily based out of our HQ in Melbourne, Australia and we’re looking for someone to take on some core responsibilities and also act as an on the ground representative of the label in North America / Europe.
We’re initially looking for someone part time (3 days a week) but this could eventually grow to a full time position. The role could suit someone who is also freelancing or consulting for other games companies and is interested in having a stable core gig they can get really invested in whilst still having flexibility to take on other projects / do other things with their life.
The core goals of this role are:
1. To get press coverage in the media that matter for the offbeat narrative style games we publish.
2. To build the label’s profile and reputation with the journalists and stakeholders that are into our kind of game.
3. To create a presence at events such as PAX, Gamescom, GDC that sets us apart / connects with consumers in more meaningful ways and builds label awareness without the budgets to go big on branding.
4. To be in the right place at the right time for random opportunities to occur.
The person we’re looking for:
- has experience in the games industry (indie games experience is even better).
- has good professional relationships with the journalists that write about our kind of games.
- has a wide range of skills across digital media, communications, marketing, PR and publishing including good copywriting skills.
- is capable of instigating proactive action, is confident and takes responsibility for their work without needing their hand to be held.
- is willing to attempt new things, entertain big ideas; they are not content with doing things because ‘that’s the way it has always been done’.
- has a generous attitude towards everyone they deal with.
- has a positive attitude towards improving diversity in the games industry and the democratisation of games development.
- loves narrative games, especially offbeat or unusual ones.
The role will include some travel to attend events and conventions including some international travel. Other than these events and a few critical team meetings, the hours can be organised flexibly in a way that suits the successful candidate.
If this sounds like your perfect job then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you’re a good fit, plus a resume or link to your LinkedIn profile.
Applications from under-represented groups are highly encouraged.
You can find out more about our label and our games by exploring other areas of this website.